Dr. Tehemton Erach Udwadia (Mumbai)
MS, FCPS, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Edin), FICS (Hon), FACS, FAMS
General surgeon at Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (1987).
- Association of Surgeons of India (1988).
- International College of Surgeons, Indian Section (1987 - 1988).
- International College of Surgeons, World Body (1989 - 1990).
- Founder President, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons(1993 - 1998).
- Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (1996 –1999).
CONFERRED HONORARY MEMBERSHIP:
- Hunterian Professor, The Royal College of Surgeons of England (1984 - 1985).
- Sinha Memorial Oration, University of Patna (1985).
- Dr. R.N. Cooper Memorial Oration, Bombay (1985).
- Prakash Memorial Oration, Karachi, Pakistan (1985).
- Indian Medical Association Golden Jubilee Oration, Guntur (1986).
- Diamond Jubilee Oration, Coimbatore (1986).
- Dr. L.M. Banerjee Memorial Oration, West Bengal (1987).
- Surgikos Lecturer, Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (1988).
- Sir Sriram Memorial Oration, National Academy of Medical Sciences (1988).
- Pandalai Oration, Association of Surgeons of India (1988).
- Dr. Rao Surgical Oration, University of Mangalore (1990).
- Golden Jubilee Oration, Delhi Chapter, the Association of Surgeons of India (1990).
- Dr. Agrawal Oration, Indian Association of G.I. Surgeons (1990).
- Dr. R.G. Ginde Memorial Oration, International College of Surgeons (1991).
- Dr. Shirin Mehtaji Oration, Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopy (1991).
- Sir James Ross Lecturer, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (1992).
- Poona Oration, Society of G.I. Endoscopy of India (1992).
- Dr. F.C. Eggleston Oration, University of Punjab (1994).
- S.A.A.R.C. Conference Oration, Khatmandu, Nepal (1995).
- Dr. S. S. Anand Memorial Oration and Award, Ludhiana (1997).
- Dr. G.M. Phadke Memorial Oration, Akola (1998)
- Award of Excellence – from Members of IAGES for pioneering and ensuring spread of Laparoscopic Surgery in Developing Countries, (1998).
- The Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Millennium Award. Karl Storz lecture “One World – One People – One Surgery” (2000).
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award by the President of India for developing the Speciality of Laparoscopic Surgery in India, New Delhi (2000).
- Sir Ganga Ram Oration, New Delhi (2000)
- First Dr. M.J. Mehta Oration “Newer Challenges in Surgery”, Pune (2000).
- Prestigious College Lecture, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Kuwait. (2000).
- Professor P.K. Sen Memorial Oration, ASICON 2000, New Delhi (2000)
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons at Annual Conference (2004).
- Key Note Inaugurating Oration – “Navigating Laparoscopic Surgery into the next decade”. 7th Asia Pacific Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Hong Kong (2005).
- Padmashree Award Republic Day (2006).
- Honoured by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by being conferred the Order of Knighthood of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (O.B.E.) (2006).
- Faculty, Workshops on Laparoscopic Surgery, India, Singapore, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kenya, Spain, Russia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Mexico, Egypt, Japan, China, Myanmar, Bangladesh.
- Japan Section, International College of Surgeons (1985).
- College of Surgeons of Brazil (1990).
<< Back To General Surgery (Indian Doctors)
<< Click Here to Contact Dr. Tehemton Erach Udwadia