Dr. Arun Prasad (Delhi)
Apollo Hospital, Delhi
Achievements in Laparoscopic & Minimal Access Surgery
- MBBS (AFMC Poona) MS Surgery (MAMC, New Delhi) FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Glas)
Dr Arun Prasad has had additional surgical training in England. After qualifying for his FRCS in 1990, he worked in the prestigious Charing Cross Medical School, London and associated Hospitals, before returning to India.
- He graduated from Armed Forces Medical College; Poona in 1983 when he was 21 yand subsequently trained in Surgery at Maulana Azad Medical College and associated Teaching Hospitals (LNJP & GB Pant Hospitals), New Delhi.
- He was part of the team that did the first Laparoscopic Gall Bladder operation in that hospital and since has been a pioneer in Laparoscopic, Thoracoscopic & Bariatric Surgery. Currently Senior Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi (1st USA - JCI accredited hospital in India).
- He was one of the earliest surgeons in the World doing Laparoscopic Surgery for Gall Bladder.
- He devised his own technique for Laparoscopic Hernia repair that is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals.
- He has done the world's first Laparoscopic operation of Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine which too is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals.
- He has done the world's first Thoracoscopic removal of Hydatid cyst of the lungs.
- He has been doing other complex and advanced laparoscopic operations for various abdominal and chest problems.
- He has conducted one of the first series in the world in 1994, showing the feasibility and safety of doing Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and sending the patient home on the same day.
- Before his return to India, he was one of the very few Indians who have had the honor to be a tutor in Laparoscopic Surgery in the courses conducted at The Royal College of Surgeons, London. Presently he is a tutor in Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of UK.
- He is also a Teacher in Laparoscopic Surgery at - Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai and Delhi.
- One of the few surgeons doing ETS for Hyperhidrosis
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass and Laparoscopic Gastric banding for Morbid Obesity
After being appointed Senior Consultant at the age of 31 years, at present he is one of the world's youngest surgeons with an experience of over 5000 laparoscopic operations. (Surgical experience of 22 years and Laparoscopic experience for 16 years)
<< Back To General Surgery (Indian Doctors)
<< Click Here to Contact Dr. Arun Prasad (Delhi)