Dr. K. N. Krishna
Chief Consultant Neuro Surgeon Wockhardt Super Specialty Hospital, Bangalore M.Ch (Neuro Surgery)
Dr.(Prof) Krishna brings with him rich experience in this field of over 19 years. Apart from being a teacher, he has been instrumental in setting up the clinical department of neuro surgery in the medical colleges ,Bangalore. Carrying the rich clinical experience, he has been instrumental in setting up the Brain and Spine centre at Wockhardt hospitals Bangalore.
Professional Qualifications & Fellowship :
- Neuro oncology Micro surgery for brain tumors, Pitutary tumors, gliamas, meningiomas and pediatric brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysm, cranial & spinal AVMS
- Spinal cord tumors & surgery adults and paediatric patients
- Complex spine surgeries from cranio vertebral junction to lumbo sacral region including global (ant & post) decompressions, fusions and internal stabilization procedures for spinal trauma, tumors and infections
- Surgical correction of congenital cranial and spinal dysraphicstatus
- Minimally invasive, microscopic cervical, thoracic and lumbar discectomies
- Degenerative surgeries like microforaminotomies, lysthesis correction and stabilization, lamino plasty etc.
1982 MBBS from University of Mysore 1987 MCh in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (An autonomous institute of National importance), Trivandrum 1982-1984 Residency Training in General Surgery & Urology at St.Johns Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore 1984-1987 Residency Training in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum.
Academic and scientific Achievements
Honours and Awards
- Has presented and published over 40 scientific papers in the field of neuro surgery in the national and international forum and indexed medical journals .
- Participated in many international workshops and courses.
- Has been a guest speaker at national and international scientific meets.