Dr. Sanjay Borude
M.S., F.I.C.S., F.A.I.S.
Senior Consultant & Obesity Surgeon
Dr. Sanjay Borude, began his practice in 1989 as a General Surgeon. Now he is the Only Exclusively practicing Obesity Surgeon in India , specialized in Lap-Band and Gastric Bypass Surgery. He is one of the Pioneering Surgeon in Obesity Surgery in India.
He has had the privilege of learning Obesity Surgery at renowned centers in Belgium and Spain. He has received many honors and awards for his work in the field of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Borude brings to Wockhardt Hospitals a vast experience of performing more than One hundred and eighty Obesity Surgery procedures, the highest in the country. At present he is also Professor in Obesity Surgery in College of Physician and Surgeons, Mumbai.
Professional Qualifications & Fellowship :
- 1983 MBBS, Bombay University, INDIA
- 1988 M.S. (General Surgery), Bombay University, INDIA
- 1989 Micro-Surgery Trained by Dr. Giorgio Brunelli, ITALY.
- 1990 Observer, National University Hospital, SINGAPORE.
- 2002 Obesity Surgery, Trained by Prof. Pattyn in Gent University Hospital, BELGIUM.
- Trained by Dr. Aniceto Baltasar in Sanatoria San Jorge in Alcoy, SPAIN.
Professional Associations :
- OBESITY SURGERY International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
- GENERAL SURGERY : Association of Surgeons of India, International College of Surgeons
Honours, Presentations and Publications:
- VICE-PRESIDENT : Obesity Surgery Society of India
- FOUNDER MEMBER : Obesity Surgery Society of India
- LIFE MEMBER : Association of Surgeons of India
- LIFE MEMBER : Indian Medical Association
- LIFE MEMBER : Asia Pacific Bariatric Surgery Society.
- Organised four National and International Forum/ Conferences, highly acclaimed.
- Made 18 Presentations in National and International Forum/ Conferences.
<< Back to Neurology (Indian Doctors)